Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Free Outdoor Plays

I had the opportunity to attend Shakespeare in the Park to watch "All's Well That Ends Well" and I loved every minute of the performance. The Public Theater hosts Shakespeare in the Park every summer for free. This year it is being held from June 6th to July 30th. They are no longer giving tickets away in the boroughs, but you can still get tickets by standing in line at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park or by clicking on the Shakespeare in the Park link I provided and using the virtual ticketing system. I would opt for standing in line at the theater for tickets for more of a guarantee.

After watching the play I was really excited to see what other plays I could watch for free in the city and I came across a really interesting one. The New York Classical Theater is putting on "Henry V" for free in Battery Park. You pick up a wrist band between 5-6:30pm on the day of the performance in front of Castle Clinton. The really cool part about it is that it begins in Battery Park (considered to be England) and you take the ferry over to Governors Island (considered to be France) for the remainder of the performance.

Performance Dates are: July 13, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 24th

I can't wait to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. "Henry V" sounds awesome! Too bad I'm gonna be in Seattle the remainder of the month. Hope you get the opportunity to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete