Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

NYC....The City That Never Sleeps

On Monday a friend of mine was able to score free tickets to an event at Terminal 5 hosted by Bacardi – “Like It Live, Like It Together”. You had to be 21 and up to attend because Bacardi was providing free alcohol all night long. Stage line up included Kid Cudi, Aloe Blacc, DJ Irie, Eklips, Evolution of Dance, and Tamara Sky.
The event was based on a compilation of peoples “Likes” to particular things on Facebook. They provided free old school arcade games, free make-your-own t-shirts, basketball on the roof, and free pizza and water at the end of the night. I played Mrs. Pacman, got a free custom t-shirt made, and sipped Bacardi and coke while enjoying the show with friends.





I was expecting the event to run from about 10pm (doors opened at 9) until about 1am at the lastest…plenty of time for me to get home, rest, and wake up for yoga in Bryant Park at 10am Tuesday morning….well we left at 3am and the concert was still going. I’m not sure what time it ended, but I was definitely too tired for yoga Tuesday morning. I was going to try the pilates workout at Brooklyn Bridge Park but the rain clouds kept me away, so I opted for a relaxing evening and a pedicure instead :)




No comments:

Post a Comment